Article traduit en anglais, je vous le met en francais dès que j'ai le temps !
Photos en HQ : 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8
En attendant, voici la traduction anglaise :
Norway's new supermodel, Siri Tollerød, have taken the fashion industry by storm. HENNE's Lisbeth Guldbrandsen met her.
The blitz is flashing towards Siri's almond-shaped eyes. The contact between the camera and the model is created, and the rest is easy. Siri is changing her pose almost imperceptible. She is tilting her head a little bit down and turns her leg into another position.
After spending time at the photoshoot with Siri Tollerød, Norway's biggest international model at the moment, you understand why she is booking jobs for the biggest magazines and advertising campaigns; she and the camera are good friends. Right now, she is number 25 at the models.com ranking, a list with the world's biggest models. She have walked down the best runways: Balenciaga, Chanel, Christian Dior, Louis Vuitton. She has been on the cover of Italian Vogue, French Revue and Muse. She also have been in fashion spreads in many international magazines, British and Italian Vogue, Harper's Bazaar, Numéro and V Magazine. She also have worked with photographers like Craig McDean, Steven Meisel, Miles Aldridge and Steven Klein. When we meet her, she is about to walk for the first time at Oslo Fashion Week, where she is going to open the official opening show. And don't forget: she's also going to do a photoshoot with HENNE wearing clothes by Iselin Engan.
The Norwegian designer have been in Bangladesh in cooperation with the organization Care, where she have found fabrics that have turned into the three dresses Siri is going to wear during the photoshoot. The dresses are not going to be sold the regular way, but they are going to be auctioned away to support Care.
- It is very nice to be a part of and focus on Care's work. I'm impressed about the work they do, and that they make people help eachother, and offer small loans to women in Africa so that they can take care of their children, Siri says. - I think that the fashion business should take more responsibility. Some do already and donates the surplus from the campaigns, but more of them should do too.
POPULAR ON THE RUNWAY
The history about Siri's model career beginned with that she was at the right place at the right time. Siri was christmas shopping with some friends in Kristiansand five years ago, and was scouted by Donna Ioanna from Joy Model Managament in Milan. Siri had never dreamed about being a model, but after a while, she traveled to Milan together with her mom just to try. She went home to Norway to finish high school, and then back again. The first summer was difficult. She was a "rookie" all alone in Milan, and she had a difficult period.
- It was very tough. I missed home every day. But I wanted to model, Siri tells.
Autumn 2 years ago was the turning point, and Siri booked over 60 shows in Milan, Paris and New York. Since then, she've been one of the most popular catwalk models and have opened Chanel and she also have been photographed by the one and only Karl Lagerfeld. After a while, she moved to New York to be in the center of the fashion business.
- What have the success done to you?
- My life is changed. I am more independent and grown up. But at the same time, my friends tells me that I am the same old Siri. That's good.
- Which characteristics have made you so popular as a model?
- I know what I want and I am patient. As a model, you have to be strong and believe in yourself. It've been very good with my mom and dad's support. Besides, you have to take good care of yourself, because a model has to look good. I am careful that I get enough sleep, eat a lot of fruit and vegetables, and drink a lot of water. And it is important to smile and to be positive, Siri tells.
SIRI'S AUTUMN FASHION TIPS
To be a model have always helped people go on with their careers such as acting and music, but when the supermodel was inveted in the 80's, to job as a model has become more than a break from other things. The hottest models today have become stars and style icons, and are designing their own clothes and accessoires collections. The main focus is on their style and their private life. Many photographers are taking pictures of the models backstage in their own clothes. MOD - "Model of Duty" - is a phrase in the fashion industry who describes the model's own style.
- It's a little tiring, because you don't want to dress stylish every day. But, it is a model's job to look good.
As a model, Siri is being dressed in fantastic creations, and she tells that she has become more interested in fashion than before. She describes her own style as classic, but with a little bit of a rocky edge.
- Do you have any inside fashion tips about what to have in your closet this autumn?
- A jean shirt and old jeans. A jumpsuit, a blazer with wide shoulders and a pair of cool shoes.
New York is the closest thing Siri has to call a home except of her childhood house back in Kristiansand. The most attractive jobs are to be found in NY. From one day to another, she could be on the other side of the planet.
- The fact that you travel, learn languages and explores other cultures is the best thing about working as a model. The worst thing is to be so much gone from your friends and family, she says.
Therefore, she is very careul that she get to travel home to Kristiansand 3-4 times every half year; home to mom's dinner and to walk in her pajamas and to meet old friends.
- What do you think about the future?
- I definetly want to study, maybe marketing. Or physiotherapy. But I have good time to decide.